Accessing Egypt through Technology: an interactive session.
Technology in archeology has made quantum leaps during the last two decades. The finds in Egypt are coming at an exciting pace. But how does one access the rapidly advancing technology when learning about Egypt.? This session with help participants access various resources, including Virtual Reality (VR,) interactive sites, and even information about the latest use of technology at Gebel Silsila and how that has helped with the latest discoveries there.
For over 70 years ARCE has been helping preserve the heritage of Egypt. In addition, ARCE has been actively engaged in training Egyptians in modern methods of preservation so that they become the primary stewards of the great archeological treasures that are already known and are yet to be found.
As a member, your benefits include:
- The Scribe, our semi-annual, full-color publication to keep you informed of current ARCE projects and activities
- Free online access to the last five years of the Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt, our annual scholarly journal devoted exclusively to Egyptian studies
- 50 percent off an annual pass to JSTOR's digital library of academic journals, books and primary sources to read and download
- A 50 percent discount to an annual subscription to Nile magazine, a bimonthly publication on ancient Egypt. Use promo code "ARCE" at checkout
- Affiliation with ARCE-Northwest
- Invitations to special ARCE events in the United States
- Discounted rates for hotel and registration to our Annual Meeting
- Access to over 30,000 books in the Mary M. and William Kelly Simpson Library in Cairo